Address: Data Privacy Officer
19 Shirwell Crescent, Furzton, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK4 1GA
Phone: 01908 260033
This is in addition to your right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office if you are unsatisfied with our response to any issues raise regarding this policy at: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us
ASC Financial Solutions is committed to respecting your privacy and ensuring the personal information that you have entrusted to us is processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. These laws have been updated & the new GDPR regulation came into effect from 25th May 2018. The General Data Protection Regulation is EU legislation and strengthens your rights as an Individual and gives you control over the personal information that organisations hold about you.
How we Collect Personal Information
We collect personal information directly from you when you become a client or prospect client of ASC Financial Solutions We also collect information when you visit our website and fill out any of our online forms that capture personally identifiable information.
The Personal Information We Collect
- Personal Identifiers such as your title, name and date of birth.
- Contact details including your postal address, postcode, telephone numbers, email addresses & other contact details.
- National Insurance number and financial information in order to provide services to you as our client.
- We may also receive details of credit checks undertaken where you have supplied these to us.
- Details about your spouse & children.
- Records of your contact with us.
Sensitive Personal Data
The Data Protection Act recognises some information as ‘sensitive personal data’. This includes, but is not limited to, information which reveals your religious beliefs, health issues, race or ethnic origin.
ASC Financial Solutions will always treat any sensitive personal data that we process with the greatest care and in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
Use of Your Personal Data
We may use your personal data for our legitimate interests in order to:
- Provide you with information, or services that you have requested from us
- Respond to an enquiry submitted via our online contact forms;
- Improve our website and services;
- Process and deal with any complaints and enquiries made by you; and
- Contact you for marketing purposes, where we have your explicit consent to do so.
We will use your personal data provided to comply with our contractual obligations arising from the agreements we enter into with our Clients and share the data with financial institutions who can assist in the provision of financial services to customers including product providers, lenders banks, insurers, fund managers, platform providers and third party suppliers such as Bluecube (our IT Provider) and Intelliflo (our Integrated CRM and back office provider).
We will also share personal data with Tenet our Compliance provider as they provide us with relevant compliance services. Further details of how Tenet uses personal data can be found via their website (www.tenetgroup.co.uk) or by contacting Tenet on 0113 239 0011.
Legal Basis for Processing Your Personal Data
In accordance with Data Protection legislation we are required to notify you of the legal basis upon which we process your personal data. We process your personal data for the following reasons:
- For performance of a contract we enter into with you;
- Where necessary for Compliance with a legal obligation we are subject to; and
- For our legitimate interests (as described in this policy).
We will also process your personal sensitive data where we have obtained your explicit consent.
Disclosure of Your Data to Third Parties
In addition to third parties mentioned previously in this policy, we may disclose your personal data to third parties for the following legitimate business purposes:
- Our Employees in order to facilitate the provision of services to you
- IT Software providers that host our website and store data on our behalf
- To a prospective buyer of some or all of our business or assets, in which case personal data including your data will also be one of the transferred assets.
We may disclose your personal data to the police, regulatory bodies, legal advisors or similar third parties where we are under a legal duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will not sell or distribute your personal data to other organisations without your approval.
Cross Border Data Transfers
We do not transfer personal data outside the EEA. Where this is required in the future, we will ensure that safeguards are in place so that such transfers comply with data protection legislation.
Visitors to our Website
We may collect data about you in the following circumstances:
- When you visit our website, we use third-party services including Google Analytics to collect navigational information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site.
- When you enter your personal information, such as your name or email address, into a form on our site, we will collect this information. You are reminded of this within our site before you volunteer the information
Social media features
Links to other websites
Accuracy and availability of our website
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Every effort is made to keep this website up and running smoothly. However, we will not accept any responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Newsletters and other emails
You can unsubscribe from our mailings at any time by emailing email@example.com opting out of future email communications.
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to access, amend and request the deletion of the personal information that we hold on you. Email your request to our data privacy officer,(NAME and Email Address)
Information and Personal Data you provide us with is shared on our secured servers. We have implemented appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures designed to secure your information against accidental loss and unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure. In addition, we limit access to personal data to those employee’s, agents, contractors and other third parties that have a legitimate business need for such access.
Where we have given you (or you have chosen) a password which enables you access certain parts of our sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you do not share this password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transition of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our utmost to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
At ASC Financial Solutions we love to share news about any changes and updates to our firm and the services we offer. This includes sending you information about our work, new services andevents.
Email and text marketing: We will ask you for your permission to contact you by email and text for marketing purposes.
Postal marketing: From time to time we may send you information about our services & any upcoming changes, unless you have told us you would prefer not to receive this information by post.
Telephone marketing: We may call you to update you on any news and changes to our services. We will only call you if we have your explicit consent to do so.
ASC Financial Solutionsis committed to respecting your choice to receive marketing communication. You can update your permissions and contact preferences any time by contacting us on the details above.
Who we share your data with
We will only share your personal information which is either consented to, or necessary to fulfil our services as your financial planners.
We may share your personal information with trusted third parties where it is necessary to provide you with services and products that we have advised upon in order to fulfil our duty as your financial planners.
We strictly monitor information security compliance and have written policies and procedures in place, alongside contracts with all of our third-party processors to ensure that your personal information is processed only on our instructions and in accordance with the applicable data protection and privacy laws.
ASC Financial Solutionswill only keep your personal information for as long as it is required in accordance with regulatory requirements.
Your Information Rights and Choices
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and correct. Please keep us informed if the personal data we hold about you changes so that we can update our records accordingly.
Data Protection legislation gives you certain rights in relation to your personal data;
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances and to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data where this has been provided.
You can also request that we undertake the following;
- Update or amend your personal data if you feel this is inaccurate;
- Remove your personal data from our database entirely, in accordance with our retention policy, but please note, it may be retained to the extent necessary to defend a claim or legal proceedings.
- Send you copies of your personal data in a commonly used format and transfer your information to another entity where you have supplied this to us, and we process this with your consent or where necessary for the performance of a contract;
- Restrict the use of your personal data;
- Provide you with access to information held about you and for this to be provided in an intelligible form.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity. Data Protection legislation may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal data that we hold about you or to comply with any requests made in accordance with your rights referred to above. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal data, or process any other request we receive, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
*Please send any requests in relation to the above to our Data Privacy Officer (INSERT NAME)via the contact details provided within this policy. Please ensure that you specify your name and the action you would like us to undertake.
Right to Withdraw Consent
Where you have provided consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data, you may withdraw that consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of data processing based on consent before it is withdrawn. To withdraw your consent, please contact us on the following:
Address: Data Privacy Officer
19 Shiwell Crescent, Furzton, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK4 1GA
Phone: 01908 260033