Property Insurance

Property Insurance

Property Insurance from ASC Financial Solutions – Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire

Household Insurance

There are two types of household insurance – buildings and contents. They are separate entities and you can either search for two individual policies, or buy them as a joint policy from one source, which is a competitive way of buying nowadays, moreover if you are unfortunate enough to end up in a situation where one incident affects both the building and its contents, such as a fire, there will be no issues as to who is paying for what.

Buildings Insurance

This covers the actual structure of your home. It will always include the main building and can be extended to cover sheds, the garage, fences, swimming pool etc. Buildings insurance is only a consideration if you own the property.

If you are a homeowner, having buildings insurance in place would normally have been a condition of your mortgage. A good buildings insurance policy should cover you for fire, flood, subsidence, storms, lightning, theft or vandalism, escape of water and oil, and damage caused by falling trees, branches or other objects.

Contents Insurance

This covers practically everything within your home including furniture, household goods, food and drink, TVs, computers, clothing and valuables, usually up to a stated limit. This type of insurance is not compulsory and no mortgage lender can insist you take out contents cover so you will need to source this yourself.

This policy pays out if any of your home contents are lost or damaged, following a burglary or a fire, leaks or vandalism, and also for accidental damage.

To ensure your property is covered, please complete our insurance quotation form to receive a personalised quote.

Buy to Let Landlord Insurance

As a landlord, buy to let insurance is also compulsory within the United Kingdom. This is to ensure that you are covered for any damage that may occur to your property whilst it is let out and so that any damage from fire or other risks can be repaired. This insurance is usually up to the amount it would cost to rebuild the property and not necessarily the property value. You can also get contents insurance for any items you may have within the property which you wish to insure. Contact us today to see if we can save you £££s.

Request an appointment with a Financial Adviser in Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire or Hertfordshire.

Alternatively, to discuss your circumstances with a qualified adviser now, please contact us today on 01908 260033.